- Please advise the surgeon of all medications you are currently taking. Because of their potential adverse reactions, ASPIRIN (ADVIL, EXCEDRIN, ALEVE, etc.), VITAMIN E, BLOOD THINNERS, DIET PILLS, ST. JOHN’S WORT, GINKGO BILOBA, or any HERB should NOT be taken for 10 days before surgery. With these exceptions, medications that are ordinarily taken should be taken with a sip of water, unless otherwise instructed by the doctor (e.g. Blood Pressure medication should still be taken). Plain Tylenol can be used for routine headaches, etc.
- While taking antibiotics, Birth Control pills may become ineffective, so precautions should be used during the month that you are taking antibiotics.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- No Jewelry should be worn on the day of surgery. Please inform us if you are unable to remove a ring or other jewelry. All valuables should be left at home. We will not be held responsible for lost personal items.
- The temperature in the surgery room is typically on the cooler side. Make sure to wear warm, comfortable clothes.
- Due to complications with pre-surgery procedures, please do not use lotion or body oils on the hands or arms prior to your procedure.
- Patients having facial cosmetic surgery (Facelift, neck lift, upper or lower eye surgery, Rhinoplasty, laser resurfacing, etc.) MUST NOT wear any makeup the day of surgery. Please thoroughly wash your face the night before and the morning of surgery. Please DO NOT use any kind of styling product afterward (hairspray, mousse, gel, etc.) as this may interfere with our surgical preparation.
- Patients having intraoral surgery should be prepared to be placed on a soft diet after surgery.
- All post-operative instructions will be given in writing and explained orally at the time of surgery prior to discharge.
YOU MUST BE ON TIME FOR YOUR SURGERY. IF YOU ARE MORE THAN 15 MINUTES LATE, THE SURGERY WILL BE RESCHEDULED DUE TO RESPECT FOR OTHER PATIENTS.